ABOUT GB POLICE
- To promote a society free of crime and injustice.
- To protect lives, properties and honour of the people; maintain public order and enforce the laws of the land to the best of our ability and without any discrimination, through modern, proactive policing and community participation.
- Gilgit-Baltistan Police will strive to uphold the following values promoting professionalism and trust:
DUTIES OF POLICE:
• Protect life, property and liberty of citizens.
• Preserve and promote public peace.
• Ensure that the rights and privileges, under the law, of a person taken in custody are protected.
• Prevent the commission of offences and public nuisance.
• Collect and communicate intelligence affecting public peace and crime in general.
• Keep order and prevent obstruction on public roads and in the public streets and thoroughfares at fairs and all other places of public and in the neighborhood of and at the places of public worship.
• Regulate and control traffic on roads and streets.
• Take charge of all unclaimed property and to prepare its inventory.
• Detect and bring offenders to justice.
• Apprehend all persons whom he/she is legally authorized to apprehend and for whose apprehension, sufficient grounds exists.
• Ensure that the information about the arrest of a person is promptly communicated to a person of his choice.
• Enter and inspect without a warrant on reliable information any public place, shop or gaming house where alcoholic drinks or narcotics are sold or weapons are illegally stored and other public places of report of loose and disorderly character.
• Obey and promptly execute all lawful orders.
• Perform other duties and exercise powers as are conferred by this order, the Code or any other law for the time being enforced.
• Aid and cooperate with other agencies for the prevention of destruction of public property by violence, fire, or natural calamities.
• Assist in preventing members of public from exploitation by any person or organized groups.
• Take charge of lunatics at large to prevent them from causing harm to themselves or other members of the public and their property.
• Prevent harassment of women and children in public places.
Tourist Police GB in collaboration with Tourism Department GB will establish tourist facilitation centers in GB; Zero Point Chilas Thalichi, Nanga Parbat View Point Sakwar, Gilgit Rahimabad Gilgit Rakaposhi, Nagar Ataabad Lake, Hunza Kachura, Skardu Khachik, Astore Phandar, Ghizar Haramosh, Gilgit
1.To ensure the safe & secure environment for tourists.
2.To provide the information & guidelines about tourist destinations.
3.To facilitate the seamless movement of tourists.
4.To assist the tourists in distress or emergency or disastrous situation.
|Visit Today : 10|
|Visit Yesterday : 22|
|This Month : 468|
|This Year : 702|
|Total Visit : 4702|
|Hits Today : 36|
|Total Hits : 2582|
|Who's Online : 1|
1. Tourist Police GB regularly share travel information awareness campaigns on Twitter:
2.To educate people about tourist attractions in GB Facilities & amenities available for Tourists and Security at tourist destinations.
3. Tourist Police GB Twitter Page is followed by Pakistan’s Diplomatic Missions abroad & European Ambassadors in Pakistan.