TOURIST POLICE GILGIT-BALTISTAN
Gilgit-Baltistan is a tourist's paradise and has all the potential required for the development of the tourism sector in the region. A Tourism Police Unit has been formed in the Gilgit-Baltistan Police with 437 police personnel serving in the tourism sector for the development of the tourism sector and security related matters. Considering the importance and usefulness of tourism in the region, a sub-unit of Gilgit-Baltistan Police, Karakoram Security Force (KKSF) has also been integrated into the Tourism Police, which is yielding encouraging results. The tourism sector in Gilgit-Baltistan is creating better employment opportunities. This will help in effective prevention of crime. Gilgit-Baltistan Police Tourism Unit has been deployed at all tourist destinations. They have been given special training on various levels and methods of security in the tourism sector. Due to his effective role, the positive image of Pakistan and Gilgit-Baltistan Police is being projected globally. The dream of public order can be embarrassingly realized by promoting tourism in the region and eliminating unemployment. Steps are being taken to make the tourism police more efficient and adaptable to modern requirements. Apart from the traditional policing, the innovative Tourist Police has got off to a great start which will enable more tourists to have a better environment near future.
MANDATE OF TOURIST POLICE
- To provide safe and secure environment for tourists visiting Gilgit-Baltistan.
- To provide reliable information and guidance about tourist destinations, culture and customs, etc.
- To facilitate the seamless movement of Tourists on KKH and till other tourist routes destinations throughout Gilgit-Baltistan.
- To provide assistance to tourists in districts and emergency in Gilgit-Baltistan.
- To handle and receive inquires claims and complaints by Tourists.